With the growth of the internet and technology, how people shop for things has changed. Online shopping has taken over because most people find it convenient and a simple way of shopping. The idea of purchasing items from the comfort of your seat is very appealing. There’s a range of items that one can shop online, from clothes, phones, books, shoes, electric appliances, to grocery.
Most online shops deliver these items to your doorstep, thus proving how convenient online shops get. With that in mind, online platforms incorporated a feature that enables them to get customer feedback. Ratings and online shopping reviews are a significant symbol of e-commerce websites. For example garage clothing reviews help you decide what clothing you should purchase. It’s where customers give feedback about the product and service rendered to them. If they feel satisfied, they will give positive feedback. If they felt the services of a certain online store were poor, they wouldn’t hesitate to give a negative comment.
According to research, 90% of online shoppers read a few reviews about a particular brand before they purchase it. Another 94% of online buyers say that negative comments easily convinces them not to purchase that brand. It’s safe to say that ratings and reviews have a great impact on a customer before they purchase an item. A positive online platform will help the growth of a brand. As a customer, how important are reviews for you? Why should reviews influence your purchasing decision? Here’s why.
- Reviews help you determine if a brand is actually credible or not. Reviews give social proof which enables customers to understand if the brand is something that can be trusted or not. According to comments, you are able to determine if a particular product works the way the manufacturer has described it.
- When a company markets their product, they make it sound perfect and attractive. However, reviews will give you context about that particular brand. Customers who bought a certain dress will comment about it. From their comments, you can determine if the seller’s description of the dress is true. You can also determine if the physical appearance is the same as the image in the website.
- With reviews you get more information about the seller and the product. You get to know if their delivery services are reliable. You get to know about their return policy. This is information that the seller won’t post. Since such information is critical, you will make a more informed decision whether to purchase or not.
- When you visit an unfamiliar website reviews will help you know more about that online store. You get to know the kind of customer experience that they have. It is easy to trust an e-commerce that incorporates reviews and ratings into their website.
- Reviews help you in your purchasing power. When you want quality over price, reviews will help you with. There are stores that charge more money for the same product compared with another store. However, the reviews in those two stores are different. If a product is expensive and the customer experience is amazing, you may not feel the pinch to dig deeper into your pocket.