It can be hard to know what to do with plastic waste. It’s everywhere, but it’s not always easy to recycle it. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to reuse or repurpose old plastic containers and bags so you don’t have to throw them away!
Recycle your plastic containers.
Plastic containers can be recycled. Look for the triangle with the number 1, 2 or 5 on it. Recycle your plastic containers by putting them in the blue bin.
If you have any other questions about recycling at home, please visit www.ottawa.ca/recycle or call 3-1-1 (311).
Turn old plastic containers into something useful.
When you’re done with your plastic containers, don’t just throw them out! There are many ways to reuse old plastic containers for storage, crafts and more.
- Use them as food storage containers in the kitchen. You can store leftovers or fresh produce in these. They’re also great for keeping dry goods like sugar or flour from getting contaminated by moisture. If you have kids who like to play with their food (or pets who do), this might be a good option for them!
- Make small items like buttons or beads into jewelry by storing them inside of plastic containers that have lids on top of each other–it’ll keep all those tiny pieces together so no one loses anything important during cleanup time later down the road when everyone’s ready to get back outside again after lunch break is over;)
Another idea would be using some old Tupperware™ containers: …
The green building movement is growing steadily. Energy efficiency and sustainability are top priorities for commercial buildings. The biggest hurdle for green buildings is cost. Green buildings save money in the long run. Green building initiatives are becoming more widespread. The weather can be a challenge for green buildings. Climate change will make indoor air quality more important than ever.
The green building movement is growing steadily.
The green building movement is growing steadily, and there are many reasons to be a part of it. Green buildings are more energy efficient, use less water, are healthier for occupants and better for the environment. They also have a positive impact on our local economy – creating jobs and stimulating growth in communities across Canada. Green construction practices can help us meet our commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by 2050.
Energy efficiency and sustainability are top priorities for commercial buildings.
Energy efficiency and sustainability are top priorities for commercial buildings. As the world’s population grows, so does its need for energy. To meet this demand, many companies are turning to green building technology to improve their energy efficiency and sustainability.
Green building technology is a way to improve both your business’ bottom line while reducing your carbon footprint on the planet. It involves using materials that generate less waste during production, reducing water usage in manufacturing processes as well as during product use (i.e., washing dishes), recycling materials whenever possible instead of throwing them away after use (think about …
Most of us know that it’s important to be eco-friendly, but sometimes we’re not sure how. Here are some simple ways you can use your shopping dollar to make the world a better place:
Reusable Water Bottle
A reusable water bottle is a great alternative to plastic water bottles. They’re easy to use and easy to clean, come in all shapes and sizes, some are insulated, and others can be used for other liquids besides water.
The Eco Vessel Wide Mouth is a popular choice on Amazon because it’s lightweight (less than 7 oz.), but still durable enough for everyday use. It also has an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable in your hand while you’re walking around town or hiking through nature’s playgrounds!
- Disposable cutlery is bad for the environment.
- Biodegradable cutlery is a better alternative.
- How to dispose of biodegradable cutlery: throw it in the compost pile or trash bin, depending on what kind of container you bought your product in.
- Where to buy biodegradable cutlery: You can find this type of product at most major grocery stores or online shops like Amazon and Etsy!
Composting is a great way to reduce landfill waste, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and your carbon footprint.
Composting is an easy process that allows you to recycle food scraps and other organic materials like grass clippings or leaves into nutrient-rich soil for your garden. Composting also helps reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills by reducing the amount …
Building a dining table is a lot easier than it looks. With the right tools and materials, you can create your own beautiful, sturdy wood table to last for generations.
How to build a traditional dining table
To build a traditional dining table, you’ll need:
- A circular saw for cutting leg parts. This can be rented from a hardware store or home improvement center.
- A miter saw for cutting the tabletop and dowels. This also can be rented from a hardware store or home improvement center.
- Drills (and bits) for drilling holes in wood pieces so that screws can be driven into them when attaching them together; one drill bit should work for all of these holes unless otherwise specified below.*
A table saw is used to cut dowels into two different sizes: 1-1/2″ long pieces equal to half the length of each leg plus 1/4″ extra; and 2″ long pieces equal to twice as long as each leg plus 3/8″. You may want another person helping out with this step so they’re able to hold onto both ends while you make cuts along their lengths–you’ll only need one blade attachment on this tool but multiple blades may come in handy depending on how many other projects are being worked on at once!
You will need the following materials for this project:
- 2x8s for the legs
- 2x4s for the aprons
- 1x8s for seat and tabletop supports (can be plywood or solid wood)
- 1x12s for table top