Bathroom cleaner is one of the most basic and useful household items, but it can also be expensive. Luckily, you can make your own homemade bathroom cleaner that works as well and is much cheaper than store bought cleaners. All you need is two common household ingredients: baking soda and vinegar. Baking soda has many uses around the house, from cleaning to deodorizing; it’s also a mild abrasive agent that will help scrub away stuck-on stains on surfaces like sinks or bathtubs. Vinegar dissolves mineral deposits left behind by hard water while also disinfecting surfaces such as tile floors or countertops
Mix together 1/2 cup of baking soda, 2 cups of vinegar and 10 drops of your preferred essential oil.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2 cups vinegar
- 10 drops of your preferred essential oil (lavender is good for relaxation, citrus is great for uplifting)
Pour into a glass spray bottle and shake well.
Pour into a glass spray bottle and shake well. This homemade cleaner is ready to use!
To use, simply spray on the surface you want to clean and wipe off with a damp sponge or cloth.
Spritz on any surface you want to clean and scrub lightly with a damp cloth or sponge if needed.
- Spritz on any surface you want to clean and scrub lightly with a damp cloth or sponge if needed.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before wiping off.
Let sit for 30 minutes before wiping off with a damp cloth.
Now that you’ve mixed the ingredients and allowed them to sit for 30 minutes, it’s time to wipe off the mixture with a damp cloth. If you want to be extra thorough, you can leave it overnight. You don’t need to scrub at all–just wipe away any dirt or grime from your tub or shower with a damp cloth and voila! Your bathroom will be clean and sparkly again in no time flat!
This simple recipe makes an effective bathroom cleaner that is also safe for you and the environment.
This simple recipe makes an effective bathroom cleaner that is also safe for you and the environment. It’s easy to make, cheap and it works.
- *How To Make Organic Homemade Bathroom Cleaner: Ingredients
- water (1/2 cup) – This can be tap water or bottled drinking water. Either one should work fine but if you have hard water then use bottled instead of tap because it will not leave mineral deposits on your tiles or shower walls which makes them look dingy over time.
- vinegar (1/4 cup) – You can use any kind of vinegar such as apple cider, white or rice wine vinegar; just make sure there isn’t anything added into it like sugar syrup so that you don’t end up with mold growing inside your bottle later on down the road when storing unused portions in closed containers like Tupperware bowls etc… If this happens then simply throw away those containers immediately since they may contain harmful toxins from growing bacteria inside them!
The best thing about this homemade bathroom cleaner is that it’s so easy to make and use. You can store it in a glass spray bottle and use it whenever you need to clean your sink, toilet or bathtub. The nice aroma will also leave your home smelling fresh after every cleaning session!