The world of recycling is changing. While you may not have heard of some of these innovations, they’re changing the way we think about plastic and how we can save it from the landfill.
- Plastic bags are made from recycled plastic.
- Plastic bags are used for a variety of purposes, including lining trash cans and carrying things around in your purse.
- Plastic bags are made from a variety of different types of plastic, including PET, HDPE and LDPE to name just a few!
- Recycled bottles and jars are often used as the raw materials for making new plastic bags!
Recycled plastic shoes
Recycled plastic shoes are a great way to add a little style to your wardrobe while helping the environment. These shoes are made from post-consumer plastics, including polypropylene and polyethylene; they’re durable, comfortable and stylish. The recycled plastic used in these shoes makes them waterproof as well!
Recycled plastic lumber
Recycled plastic lumber is a great alternative to wood. Why? It’s more durable than wood, it’s renewable, and it’s even stronger than wood!
Plastic lumber has a lot of advantages over traditional building materials: it’s resistant to decay, so you don’t have to worry about termites eating away at your house; it doesn’t need any special treatment before use; and since it comes from recycled plastic bottles (which are made from oil), the material itself is more sustainable than natural resources like trees.
Repurposed plastic bottles and jars
- Bottles and jars are a great source of