The green building community is a growing and vibrant network of people, organizations, and publications that work to create a healthier environment for all of us. The following list of sites and publications are what we consider to be the best resources on the internet for learning more about the latest in the green building movement:
Green Building Advisor
Green Building Advisor is a free online resource for green building professionals. The site provides articles, case studies and news about green building practices. It’s updated daily with new content from experts in the field of green building.
Green Building Hub
Green Building Hub is a free resource for green building professionals, covering topics like LEED, green building codes, green building standards and news. It’s a good place to find information about certification and training programs in your area.
The Green Guide
The Green Guide is a site that provides information about green building practices. The site is owned by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), an organization that promotes residential construction and remodeling across America. The Green Guide provides information about green building products, services and technologies; it also includes links to local code authorities who can help you determine if your project qualifies as “green.”
- Greenbiz is a business publication that focuses on environmental issues in the business world. The site has a directory of green building professionals and companies, as well as a blog that features articles about new technologies and trends in sustainable construction.
Green Building Times
Green Building Times (GBT) is a monthly publication that has been around since 1990. It’s the oldest and largest green building magazine in the U.S., and it provides information for professionals in the industry.
EcoBuilding Pulse is a blog that covers the latest in green building news and trends. The site features articles about energy efficiency, renewable energy, green building materials, energy storage and more.
Climate Central’s Hot Topic Blog
Climate Central is a non-profit organization focused on climate science and climate solutions. The Hot Topic Blog is one of their publications and it focuses on the latest news in energy, environment, and health.
The green building community is large and growing.
- The green building community is large and growing.
- There are many publications and websites to keep up with.
- The green building community is diverse, with people from all over the world contributing new ideas and techniques.
- There are many conferences held around the world that you can attend if you want to learn more about this subject matter or meet other professionals who share your interests in green building design, construction and management techniques.
We hope that this list of resources has helped you find your way into the world of green building. There are so many ways to get involved in this movement, from reading articles and blogs to joining local groups and attending conferences. One thing is clear: if we want our planet to be healthy, then it’s up to all of us!